Weekly Global Oat Market Summary
- EU oat production in majors “more than ample” but firming EU grain prices keeping oat prices trending higher.
- Mpls/Duluth commercial oat stocks up YOY but lagging well behind the average as market dynamics shift.
- Mixed growth in top Global oat import markets.
- Saskatchewan oat quality for 2020 3rd highest in the past 15 years, 2020/21 balance sheet unchanged, Western Canada oat price lows are in for the crop year, Sask oat yield outlook raised this month but still well below STC’s August forecast.
- Managed Money continues to add to large net CBOT oat long, longer-term bearish to prices.